until things improve:
1. What are your current obsessions?
The 1940s (the fashion, the shift from war-time to peace to cold war), Merlin (the television show and the books by TH White) sewing my own skirts in the morning to wear in the evening, dreaming about how to redecorate my room as it seems i'll never be able to move out and be an independent adult, books by the irish.
2. List three things you must do.
- have my spanielravaged blue shoes repaired
- organise a folio of my 'best' writing
- attack the reading list for this semester's english course
3. What do you see outside your window?
dark dark storm clouds and a winterstripped jacaranda.
4. What is your favorite colour?
Red and blue. Preferably red lipstick and blue smarties.
5. Your weakness?
Pimms and not speaking up when I should.
6. Which animal would you be?
A grumpy grizzly bear that roars all night and sleeps all day and is suprisingly nice to children
7. What would you like to learn to do?
Swing dance, speak German and play the jazz trumpet. so that I could go to Berlin and do all three at once.
8. What do you never want to happen in life?
I never want to suffer through another accounting lecture.
9. What is on your bedside table?
A precarious tower of books, my glasses, a packet of chewing gum, my cache of tablets, hair elastics and my ipod.
10. What's the last thing you've bought?
Casablanca on DVD and a hot curl roller set.
11. What's something that you want to buy?
That fabulous little 1940s suit on etsy. That book about Elephants that I saw the other day, or some vintage bowties to wear as hair clips. A popcorn machine. Colourful mixing bowls.
12. What's your favorite childrens book?
The Secret Garden, The Little Princess, The Hobbit, Anne of Green Gables, David Copperfield, The Three Musketeers (I was a precocious voracious reader as a child. They gave me The Handmaiden's Tale by Atwood when I was in year 6. It put me off children for life)
13. Who do you want to meet in person?
Roddy Woomble from Idlewild, or Fyfe Dangerfield from Guillemots. I think our conversations would be awesome and rambling.
14. What did you want to be as a child?
15. What did you dream of last night?
I dreamt that I was stuck inside the song "Tiger Tiger' by Bishop Allen, and that everyone I knew was imitating the action of the tiger.
16. Do you prefer day or night?
The space between afternoon tea and supper.
17. What's your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
At the moment? My blue lace gress from Glasgow, or my red french maid skirt.
18. What's your plan for tomorrow?
Play with my quartet in the morning (my cello has been fixed! yay!), wander to the MCA, try to read some James Joyce, learn how to use my new hot rollers.
19. If you were going on a long trip (you don't know where you're going), which 10 things out of your wardrobe would you take with you?
My blue coat, my glasgow dress, my wednesday adams dress. my boyfriendbuttonup shirt, my faithful black top, black/blue stockings, my bluethriftstorefabric skirt, my deadbambi skirt, clean underwear and my black flats.
20. What would you like to have in your hand right now?
Lots of strawberries, or a kitten.
21. What is your must have at the moment?
Red Lipstick. It brightens up everyone's day, according to the boy who complimented me in JBHIFI.
22. What's your favorite tea flavour?
Lapsang Souchong or Peppermint
23. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
The Lakes of Alberta in Canada
24. What colour is the sky where you are?
Very grey, with streaks of sunset peaking through.